If you’re a mango fan you need to try this recipe. Coconut blends well with the mango to create an addictive, creamy, tropical treat. This recipe contains just 4 simple ingredients (can be made with just 3), making this a healthy alternative to the multi-ingredient popsicles you can buy.
- 1 cup mango (ripe or frozen)
- 1 tbsp honey (If needed)
Mango Coconut Cream
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract (can be made without, but tastes better with it)
- ½ cup coconut cream*
- 1-2 tbsp honey (depending on how sweet your mangos are and your preference)
1) In a blender add the mangos (allow the mangos to thaw if using frozen). Blend until a puree consistency is reached. Add honey if you mangos aren’t sweet enough for your tastes (do a taste test).
2) Add approximately 1 tbsp of the mango puree to the bottom of your popsicle molds (bpa free is preferred). Place in freezer for 15 minutes until the mango puree has become solid. Leave the rest of the mango in the blender for the next step.
3) While the mango is freezing in the molds, add the coconut cream, vanilla abstract, and honey to the reserved mango in the blender. Blend everything until completely smooth. Do a taste test and determine if more honey is needed.
4) Take popsicle molds out of the freezer and fill up the remainder of the mould with the mango coconut cream. Place into the freezer and freeze for a few hours until completely solid.
Note: If you don’t want to have the layered look and want a recipe that is easier to make and takes less time, just blend everything together and add it to the molds.
*You can make your own coconut cream by placing a can of coconut milk in the fridge for a few hours. Once the coconut cream and water have separate, carefully skim off the top of the coconut cream until you start seeing a more watery layer. An entire can (400mL) should yield approximately ½ cup of coconut cream