My family is always looking for something to snack on over the holidays and this snack satisfies those with both salty and sweet cravings. Rosemary is the star of this recipe and it’s a great herb for digestion. Rosemary has been use for stomach problems such as dyspepsia (indigestion), stomach cramps, bloating, and constipation. It can even help somewhat with memory and concentration. Pregnant and breastfeeding patients should be cautious with rosemary in large quantities, other than what would be considered normal in your diet. If you’re not sure, consult with your healthcare provider.
- 2 cups raw unsalted nuts (suggestion: 1 cup walnuts, 1 cup almonds)
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar (substitutions: brown sugar, or maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 1/2 tbsp butter (organic is best)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spread the nuts out evenly on parchment paper and bake for 8-10 minutes.
2. While the nuts are baking prepare the sauce. Melt the butter on low heat. Remove from heat and stir in the salt, sugar, and rosemary.
3. Remove the nuts and allow to cool briefly. Place the nuts in a bowl, pour the sauce on top, and evenly coat.
4. Return nuts to the parchment paper, spreading them out evenly on the baking sheet.
5. Bake the nuts for 10-12 minutes, until the nuts have a nice golden colour. Check after 5 minutes to make sure they aren’t burning as some ovens run hot.
6. Remove from heat and let cool before serving.
Adapted from Oh She Glows