- 10 mL cardamom pods (24 -26 pods)
- 3- 3 inch cinnamon sticks
- 2-3 star anise
- 2 tsp cloves
- 1 ½ tsp red peppercorns
- ¾ cup green tea
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. On a cutting board and using a sharp knife, cut the cardamom pods in half. Place on a baking sheet along with the peppercorns, star anise, cloves and cinnamon. Toast in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until the spices are fragrant. Remove and cool.
3. Crush spices lightly with a rolling pin or in a mortar and pestle. You may have to crumble the cinnamon stick with your hands or chop roughly on a cutting board.
4. In a bowl, toss the spices, and tea together until blended. Spoon into your container of choice such as a mason jar or fill single use tea loose leaf tea bags.
Brewing Instructions- To make 1 cup:
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of non-dairy milk (I like almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon of chai Mix placed into a tea bag
- Sugar or honey to taste (1 tsp-1 tbsp)
Bring the water and milk to a boil over medium heat and add the spices. Reduce temperature to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Mix in the sweetener, and turn off the heat. Strain spices using a fine mesh over your cup. Enjoy!