- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (better quality balsamic is less harsh and has a sweeter taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons* see note
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 minced clove of garlic (optional but adds to it)
1. Place all ingredients into a bowl. Mix well. Drizzle over your salad and enjoy! Makes about 1/2 cup of dressing.
* Note: If you use a good quality balsamic vinegar you may not need to sweeten it. Make your dressing without the honey and taste test it. If it is too harsh then you may need to add the honey. Start with 1 teaspoon at a time and try it out.